2018 was the year when RESPOND project made important progresses! Today we would like to share with you some of the key points that the consortium did last year. Check as well a few hints of what’s coming in this year that started in 2019!
RESPOND Pilot Sites in 2018
- Aarhus, 20 social terraced houses that belong to a housing association have been equipped with measurement equipment to monitor onsite renewables. Smart meters that perform control actions and send signals to the tenants.
- Aran Islands, the installation of DR equipments has been done in 5 dwellings in Inishmore island. I-e prosumer meters, humidity and temperature sensors have been installed in order to monitor and create baselines. So that suitable control actions could be undertaken in the future.
- Madrid, 69 individuals households located in Costa Rica 17-19-21 joined the project. Loads, such as electricity consumption, common gas consumption or a thermosolar production system will be used to undertake proper Demand Response actions. Those are based on variables such as optimisation, performance, comfort, weather, etc.
RESPOND Team Meetings in 2018
Besides the bi-weekly meetings (online) in 2018, we met in all our demo pilots, three really exciting opportunities:
- Alboa and Aura hosted this consortium meeting in Aarthus the 24th and 25th of January: relevant discussions about relevant topics such as architecture, IT security, early deployment or Respond’s ICT solution took place. A visit to Alboa Pilot site and Aura’s plant of district heating was carried out.
- NUI Galway University & Aran Islands Energy Cooperative hosted this consortium meeting in Galway and Aran Islands the 23th and 24th of May: some relevant discussions on pertinent matters such as pilot site’s characterisation, use cases, user’s engagement or dissemination strategies were addressed. A visit to Inishmore pilots and also to the astonishing Dún Aonghasa was done ;).
- Fenie Energia leaded this meeting in Madrid on the 24th and 25th of October: some important decisions were taken about topics such as demand response actions, analytical services, smart grid connectivity or participants recruitment. A visit to Madrid’s pilot was carried out and also to a relevant football pitch ;).
RESPOND Dissemination in 2018
We built this site and also opened different communication channels Our purpose has been to keep you posted about the project and most of all to spread the word about the benefits of demand response, and share with you learning insights:
We also have a new area on this page for deliverables and publications. You can directly access public files related with RESPOND!
The project already got the attention of the media. You can check it in our news area.
RESPOND in 2019?
2019 will be an important year for RESPOND Project. The Demand Response platform deployment will be ready together with the user engagement of the users, and the demand response model. System integration and interoperability will be pushed so the validation and impact of RESPOND’s solution can be analysed by the end of 2019, beginning of 2020.
A technical workshop hosted in Barcelona by DEXMA, and a consortium meeting that will take place in Eibar by Tekniker are the upcoming events. In the meantime, RESPOND consortium will continue working to help the solution become the best tool that brings Demand Response closer to neighbourhoods.